All bodybuilders and fitness ladies who are fond of body composition issues probably know that there are not so many sweet and tasty things within their diet. Only honey, dried apricots and dates are found within a healthy diet. That’s pretty much the whole list. Therefore, any opportunity to add to this list is worth its weight in gold. But bananas for bodybuilding are quite capable of becoming a healthy treat. Let’s take a closer look at what this fruit is and how it is useful for bodybuilders. Moreover, questions about this are often asked by readers who want to figure it out. So this article is just the answer to these numerous questions.
What is a banana and what are its contents?
It is a perennial herb belonging to the Musaceae family that originally originated in the tropics of Southeast Asia and the Malay Archipelago. Today bananas are among the most grown crops, as their total harvest reaches 1,000 million tons annually, second only to wheat, corn, and rice.
Now let’s take a closer look at what kind of fruit it is in terms of nutritional value and calorie content. Bananas contain 88.9% carbohydrates, 4.8% fat, and 6.3% protein. The calorie content of bananas is 96 kcal per 100 grams of product, they contain more than a dozen different vitamins and several macro and micro-elements are also present. Bananas have a positive effect on human health in several ways at once:
- Have a positive effect on the work of the heart due to the content of potassium. This mineral electrolyte supports electrical impulses throughout your body, making your motor beat faster. Bananas also help with lower blood pressure.
- Improve mood by reducing feelings of depression. The amino acid tryptophan, which turns into the neurotransmitter serotonin, which is responsible for good mood, is found in large quantities in bananas. In addition, the presence of magnesium relaxes muscles, and vitamin B6 ensures quick sleep.
- Help to lose weight. The fiber that banana contains maintains normal body weight and controls it. One banana provides the body with 10% of the fiber that the body needs daily.
- Improve vision thanks to its vitamin A content. It is necessary to support normal vision, protect eyes and improve vision in the dark. With the help of vitamin A, the membranes around the eyes are preserved, and macular degeneration is prevented.
- Strengthen bones. The fructooligosaccharides present in bananas stimulate the body, forcing it to absorb calcium more actively. Potassium has a neutralizing effect on sodium in the diet. As a result, calcium is washed out more slowly in the urine and is retained for a long time in the body, being spent on strengthening bones.
- Improve digestion due to the presence of pectin. This substance accelerates the absorption of food and removes heavy metals and toxins from the body. Banana also has a probiotic effect, promoting the growth of beneficial bacteria in the gut.
- Stimulates the work of the brain, activates the central nervous system, increasing the vigilance of a person.
- Help to get rid of the smoking habit. Vitamin B1 calms the nervous system and a complex of vitamins A, C, B2, and B6 is necessary for the body at the time of quitting nicotine.
The benefits of bananas in bodybuilding
For bodybuilding, bananas play a special role. For athletes using them, several beneficial effects are provided at once:
– If you eat two bananas before each workout, they will allow you to maintain the amount of sugar contained in the blood at an optimal level and will also charge the entire body with the necessary energy, replenish carbohydrate reserves and allow you to extend the duration of the workout;
– A banana eaten after training will replenish the body’s need for potassium, which must be consumed up to 5 grams per day and this will improve muscle function;
– The presence of manganese in bananas will speed up metabolism, energy will be more efficiently extracted from products and the athlete’s training will be more active and productive;
– Thanks to vitamin B6, nerve cells form and function correctly, connections between the brain and muscles develop and the sense of balance is enhanced;
– During training, bananas protect the muscles from muscle spasms and cramps;
– An increased amount of vitamin C ensures high-quality assimilation of proteins, strengthens tendons and ligaments and during physical activity plays an important role in the synthesis of adrenaline.
Tip: Eating bananas can be very beneficial as just explained, but with the use of Dianabol or Anadrol for males and Anavar for females, this will allow for all of these ingredients to be better used by the body! In turn, you can benefit majorly within your training and get the most out of this popular and magical fruit.
There are several myths about bananas that are worth noting, especially since there are few of them.
Bananas cause tooth decay
Caries develops under the influence of sugars and simple carbohydrates, which are on the surface of the teeth for a long time, which leads to the destruction of enamel under the influence of bacteria that have appeared. Bananas that ripen in natural conditions, as well as those bought green and ripened to a yellow state, are not dangerous for the teeth, since the carbohydrates they contain have not decayed to simple sugars. This issue is completely resolved by rinsing the mouth with warm water.
Bananas contribute to excess weight
It all depends on the intensity of eating bananas. Eating 7-10 bananas a day and not engaging in physical activity, you can gain excess weight. Eating 2-3 bananas a day will help promote weight loss thanks to pectin and resistant starch to prolong satiety.
Bananas are a panacea that cures all diseases
Banana is a healthy fruit, but common. It does not have any supernatural effect on the body and one should not rely on its healing properties. You can’t get hung up on bananas, you need to eat various fruits.
A practical approach to bananas
Bananas are usually green when delivered to the country. They are placed in a gas chamber and kept in a “banana gas” environment, which is a mixture of nitrogen and ethylene. Instead of two weeks under the sun, maturation in a gas chamber takes 2-3 hours. Such artificially ripened bananas are not harmful to humans, but the beneficial properties are lost, the nutritional value, which is determined by the length of stay in the chamber and the concentration of the gas decreases.
To choose the right bananas, you need to pay attention to their color. It is best to buy green, slightly unripe bananas to ripen at home. When black dots appear on yellow bananas, this confirms the maximum ripeness and sugar content of the fruit.
When to eat bananas for those who exercise
Refuel with a source of carbohydrates on time. When the body digests food, the blood flow should not be directed to the muscles, but the stomach. Therefore, it is best to eat a banana 40-50 minutes before and immediately after a hard workout so that nutrients and glycogen stores are replenished. You can use bananas with milk in the form of a protein shake. The combination of bananas with protein when consumed after exercise enhances the muscle’s anabolic response. You can eat half a banana during your workout to increase your physical performance during your workout.
You can store bananas, buying them a little unripe, in a dry, dark place for up to several days. If pre-peeled from the skin, you can store them in the refrigerator.
Note: A good diet is key for muscle gain or weight loss in any circumstances. But if your goal is to loose weight and tone the body, using the non-steroidal agent Clenbuterol oral tablets will speed up this process in the most natural way! To read more regarding this great supplement, please visit our online store for more information regarding its many great benefits. We also provide home delivery!